So you have thought about taking a cruise but you are unsure if it is the right vacation for you...
Below are some common cruise ship misconceptions:
- I would get board on a cruise ship
- I am afraid that I will get sea sick
- Cruise ships are dangerous
- Too expensive
- The rooms are too small
- All that people do on cruises is eat and drink
- All of the people on cruise ships are beautiful
- It is not kid friendly
I would get board on a cruise ship.
There are so many different things to do on a cruise ship that is impossible to get board. There is truly something for everyone. Each morning you will receive a newsletter that details all of the fun things that you can do on the ship. The newsletter will provide the time and location of the event(s). Here are just a few of the fun things to do on a ship (the majority are FREE):
- Comedy shows
- Games Galore
- Miniature golf (many ships offer ping pong, basketball courts, & more)
- Swim/Hot tubs (many ships have water parks)
- Attend free demonstrations
- State of the art fitness center (plus yoga and other fitness classes)
- Kids camp (full of fun activities for kids of all ages, plus mom and dad get a break
I am afraid that I will get seasick!
If you are fearful of getting seasick then you should take the necessary precautions!! I have a weak stomach and so I always see my doctor and get a prescription for a transdermal patch. What is a transdermal patch? GO HERE for specific details. Basically, it is a little patch that you place behind your ear. The medicine in the patch slowly secretes in to your body a prevents you from becoming sea sick. Works like a charm for me and I always see a ton of cruise passengers wearing them. You can also use Dramamine. Here is the deal, you have to prevent motion sickness before it starts! Don't go on the ship and start to feel sick and then put the patch on or take the Dramamine. You start medication a few hours before your board the ship (the medication will have specific instruction). I can not say this enough! Medicate before you become sick.